Monday, November 16, 2009

Gym Enrollment

Today I signed up for a membership with a gym in Philippine Stock Exchange here in Ortigas. My objective for signing up is to condition and strengthen my body for the sports I'm doing ( and weightloss). I signed up for 3 months and they gave me a free additional month.

The personal trainer gave me a program to follow. But I'm really not sure if he's serious with the program he gave me because in my opinion, the program is for beginners. But it's all good. I know that I also need to adapt with their gym and hopefully the program that he gave me will work out.

I worked out after signing up and I didn't even break a sweat with the program at all. (Just a little bit) But again it's ok since I want to see if that will work out for me. So here's the list of exercises I performed and will be performing for a month.

1. Dumbell Press - 3 sets - 15 reps (10 freaking pounds per arm)
2. Dumbell Flys - 3 sets - 15 reps (also10 freaking pounds per arm)
3. Shoulder Press - 3 sets - 15 reps (15 freaking pounds each)
4. Lateral front Shoulder raise - 3 sets - 15 reps (10 pounds)
5. Cable Front Pull down - 3 sets - 15 reps (50 pounds)
6. Seated Back Extension - 3 sets - 15 reps (50 pounds)
7. Leg Press - 3 sets - 15 reps - (60 - 70 - 80)

Crunches and Leg raises.

I hit the sauna afterwards to release some water in my body. And now I'm eating noodles! how great is that? haha.

It's ok that I started with these weights since I also want to make sure that I'm doing the exercise correctly. Anyway, I don't believe in targetting heavier weights but no form. I can see a lot of guys doing that in my old bakal gym in LP. And I'm not impressed. I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm not a fan of a bulky body, I think that it'll make you sluggish.

I think I will enjoy doing strength training every other day. Hopefully I will feel its benefits everytime I run or hit the mitts.

hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment