Thursday, November 19, 2009

Week01Day04 : the 1 hour run

I successfully finished my 1 hour run in Ultra. It was a smooth 1 hour run. An easy running pace. Sometimes, you can't avoid to follow the pace when someone gets ahead of you lol~ I didn't drank any fluids ultil my first 30 minutes. Although my throat is not dried up yet, I made sure to take the right amout of gatorade to make sure that I will not get dehydrated. I had a total of 2 water breaks since I'm really not pushing hard tonight.

I was able to get some rest afterwards although I didn't get to sleep at all. I think what I need to practice as well is how to get enough rest because that is essential.

I went over the program for beginners again and I was surprised that the final part of the program is to be able to complete a full marathon. Two words, "not yet". I will modify this program because I don't want to do a full marathon yet. Not until a year or so. For now, I will take it easy in order to keep my self healthy. Becoming fit doesn't always go hand in hand with becoming healthy. A perfect example of this is the late CEO of SAP India who died of cardiac arrest. I don't want to be like that. So I'll make sure that I'll get the right amount of sleep.

Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment