Saturday, February 27, 2010

My "Never Quit" resolve

 "A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't."


I'm no different from any Juan Dela Cruz. I'm just a man. I fail. I crash. I get injured. I get discourage. I cry. I get demotivated. I envy people who're better than me. I'm confused sometimes. Naaburido. I have fallen down so many times, that I lost count already. That feeling when heaven and earth ganged up on you. It makes you feel like you don't want to live another day anymore. I've been there!


But despite all this, I've learned through my experience that a man is not defined based on the number of times he falls, but the number of times he stood up and continued the fight. So yes, thanks to all the things that motivated me to stand up over and over and still continue my own journey. I'm a champion to myself.


"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."


I'm not the best athlete out there. I'm really just competitive by nature. I always start with nothing. Which is good I think. Because even if I lost everything in this new engagement that I have. I have no regrets because dati na akong wala. But of course, I wouldn't let that happen. I consider every opportunity that arrives as a blessing! What's the best part is the opportunity to share your acquired talent/skill/knowledge to others.


Like when I get into running. I never considered it as a fad. And since I fell in love with it. I always do my best to excel. Just like in a computer game. I just do it 1 level at a time. That's how I do it and it's more fun rather than taking things to serious.


The only skill that really fails me every time is creative writing. :)


"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries."


As they say, try and try.. until you die. :) until you succeed syempre.


Thank you


-Thank you to all my new friends in takbo.ph who inspires me a lot. Thank you to all the other runner - bloggers in the community. Their own personal experiences are my motivations. So guys, thank you for motivating me. :) Sir Rico, Ms Julie, Ms Noelle, Sir Argo, Sir Timmy, Sir Luis, Sir Jovie, Mark and to all the others I forgot to mention. When all else fails, I read their blog to get inspiration. :) (naks!)


- To my girlfriend who's always there and who always believe in me. I can't thank you enough. I know minsan mas marami na kong time sa running kesa sa 'yo. But like I always say, "kesa mag drugs" haha. Ok, you can stop bashing my head now.


- To God who is always my strong arms. When all as in all else really fails. He's always my strong arms.


So today, I will leave this blog with this inspiring scene from Rocky.



















The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!

Have a blessed Sunday everyone. :)

3 comments:

  1. I first noticed this from a triathlete's signature:

    "Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before." -
    Jacob August Riis

    By the way, your creative writing is not bad at all. Keep hammering. The more real and honest it is, the better usually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so well Sid! I can tell you write from the heart. And that's how I remember you Sid, the runner with a big heart. Always smiling, always jolly and happy. =)

    ReplyDelete