Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's been a while... (Random thoughts)

2010 has been a roller coaster ride for me. I don't even know how to begin with my story. But if there's one thing that I am so thankful of, it's because I was able to get back on track.

I lost motivation. I was burned out. I thought it was just a fad for me.Why am I doing this again? Why am I tiring my self? What's in it for me?

I was like the prodigal son. Went out and tried the bad stuff, and then come back looking for redemption. How did it started? As far as I can remember, I was already doing the run - swim combo that time. But then I lost my swimming gears because a group of basketball players are also changing in the bathroom. I thought I already slid my gears inside my bag but alas, I didn't. Then the downslope started.

For once, gambling is not good specially when you think that you can earn from it. Poker is gambling. Ergo, it's not good for everyone.

I'm thankful that my friends are still there to support me. To pull me back to where I belong. They so inspired me a lot that I was able to get back on track really fast.

Although I was able to go back, I can see how 4 months of hiatus has affected my performance. I gained weight again, my stamina went down, I suck again. I just wasted so much time that I invested on this. Now I'm back to square 1. But it doesn't matter, I know what to do. I'm sure I can catch with them soon. Every time I run now, I was imagining my Endure friends running ahead of me. And that's where my motivation is coming from. I am seeing myself chasing them. Hopefully, I will catch them soon. And I will kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment