Saturday, December 5, 2009

Week02Day02,04 & Ateneo Big Blue 150 Run

Just got home from a 5km run in Ateneo. I was glad that I made it to the top 150 although I'm not really satisfied with my run. I wasn't able to go for a sub 25 but I finished at 26 mins again. Congratulation to the organizers of the race!

I got a good form at the start of the run but my fault is not drinking water in the 2nd water station. I didn't realize that climbing up the flyover twice will dry up my throat, and as a result, I slowed down for a bit to the point that I walked for about 20 seconds. It's adrenaline that pushed me to finish the race because I don't want too many runners to get ahead of me. In the end, I was still able to finish th 5km race without any injury.

The stair running that I'm doing in ultra helped. I notice that my stride becomes longer (for a bit) and my legs are more stable. I guess I just need to learn how to strategically drink next time. I was able to complete my running schedule for tuesday and thursday but I still lacked some kilometers for yesterday and today. Tomorrow, instead of having a restday, I will need to run for 26 laps again in ultra just like the last time. It's holiday season so I can't avoid to attend some gatherings and offset my training.

What I realized is aside from doing stair running in Ultra's bleachers, I will need to go out somewhere in St. Paul pasig and run the hills there over and over. I will have to force my self to love running in hills. I also saw a good spot for hill running near green meadows, I think I can run there if I need to do long runs. But I will have to buy a hydration belt this time because I think it's more comfortable to run with the belt versus holding the bottle in my hand.

Since I run in the evening, I think I need to look for my dri fit jacket because I don't feel comfortable running when cold. I feel like my body is not sweating at all. Thus, I can't exert more speed. I tried wearing my sauna suit but the feeling is different since it traps the swear and makes my hand wet.

I still have 1 5km run left for this year. And I still have 2 weeks to get stronger and faster for that last race. I hope that I will be able to get a sub 25 for the last run. Hopefully I will be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment